Sunday, July 18, 2010

the end of the headaches

While I've been forbidden by my place of employment from writing on this blog, I'm going to risk telling you all how my four years of headaches came to an end. I tried many things, each year trying a different alternative medicine.

In 2010 I tried chiropractors.

The first chiropractor I went to was flashy and cracked almost every bone in my body, relieving my headache but leaving me with a backache. After my first visit I knew that a chiropractor was the solution to my four year problem.

I found another chiropractor whose method is called "Diversified" and she gave me many exercises to do. I continue to do them daily as they are critical to me not having pain and retraining myself on the way I hold my head. My second chiropractor is my hero as she relieved me of four years of awful headache pain by cervical spine manipulations and teaching me how to hold my head in ways that didn't cause me pain. I've much better posture these days.

In mid-February 2010 I started tapering off of the narcotic I had been taking for three years for the pain. At the end of May I took my last dose. Since February I haven't had a bad headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment